Featured Post

Wonder Oven - A Bean Bag that Cooks - Video

I attended the Hurricane Preparedness Fair at the George R. Brown Convention Center in Houston recently.  Last year, there were two of us at...

Sunday, October 15, 2017

Making Wonder Ovens

Yesterday I had the opportunity to show about ten ladies how to make their own wonder ovens.  We had a great time working together and learning more about how to use them.  Together we were able to assemble and complete 24 wonder ovens in about three hours.   Each of them brought their own fabric and I brought the beads.

Christy
Some of the ladies wanted to make more than one, and those who finished early jumped in and helped others. 

It sure was a lot more fun working with friends than making these at home by myself.  There was lots of laughing and chatting going on. 

One of the ladies didn't bring fabric, but wanted to learn how to make them, so she stayed the entire three hours and filled ALL of the wonder ovens with the beads. 

Another one brought her son and while he played on his iPad for awhile, he got interested in what we were doing and wanted to help.  We kept him busy carrying finished fabric to the stuffing table and then back to me for stitching up the opening.


Deanne is our Relief Society President.  We are so sad she's moving to Utah next month!




Stella is a rock star!

Me with Stella
 
 
Lindsy and Austin


 
It makes such a mess with the beads but we had lots of help cleaning it up. 

We had a great turnout and I think everyone had a good time.  I know I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment