Featured Post

Wonder Oven - A Bean Bag that Cooks - Video

I attended the Hurricane Preparedness Fair at the George R. Brown Convention Center in Houston recently.  Last year, there were two of us at...

Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Wonder Oven Enclosure



Enclosed is your new Wonder Oven.   In order to keep costs down, I shop for 100% cotton fabric on sale, but I also buy colors and patterns that I would want in my home.  It would be difficult to post every wonder oven I have in stock, but I do hope that you are happy with the design and color I have chosen.  If you requested a specific color, I’ve done my best to provide what I think you’ll be happy with.

If this is your first wonder oven, you may be wondering what to do with it.  Once you start using it, you will wonder why you never had one before.   Just like any other form of cooking, there is some preparation involved, but once you have the ingredients in a pot, the hard part is over.  Imagine being able to transport your food, while it’s cooking, in the car with you.  Think about tailgating, camping, or hunting without having to light a fire.  Of course you can use it at home, too, and then just forget about it.  Think outside the box and you’ll be surprised at what you can do.   You can even keep frozen foods frozen, or cold foods cold on your way home from the grocery store.  

Here are a few suggestions for using your oven.


1.Place a dish towel in the center to protect your Wonder Oven from any spills.  Wrap it around your pot for any “leaks” from around the lid.  If you have a solar blanket, they work great, too, to help with condensation and to “catch” any spills.  Of course the only way you’re going to have spills is if you are transporting it and the lid on your pot isn’t secure.

2.To keep your Wonder Oven stable (out of the reach of little hands, or to carry it in your car) place the empty oven in an 18 gallon tub.  Once your hot pot is nestled in the bottom of the wonder oven, with the wonder oven “lid” on top, secure the lid to the tub and then carefully place it where you want it.   Be SURE it is in a secure place where it can’t be knocked off of a counter.  I usually just leave mine on the floor. Just remember that you have food inside that was hot enough to boil, so take every precaution to avoid accidents.

3.Don’t be concerned that your wonder oven isn’t stuffed full of beads.  By making them “fluffy” and not “stuffy” it has lots of advantages.  For one, it doesn’t take up as much room, and when you put it inside a plastic tub, it fills it up just fine.  It also makes it nice to carry in the car to accommodate groceries of different sizes (i.e., pizza, etc.)

4.If your wonder oven does become soiled, you can wash it in a high efficiency washer with no problems.  I wouldn’t put it in one with an agitator.  I usually let mine air dry, or if you put it in the dryer, use low heat.

5.Use a pot that’s just big enough for the food you’re cooking.  You don’t want much air space between the top of your food and the lid because air does not conduct heat (or cold) and will not help retain the temperature.  With the pot in place, gently pull the sides of the wonder oven up around it so it is covering all surfaces of your pot.


6.Your food will continue to cook in the pot, so be careful when you remove the wonder oven lid, and also the pot lid.  Use a towel or hot pad holder so you don’t get burned.

7.Remember that you can’t BURN food in your wonder oven. Do NOT peek or you’ll release the heat.  Just place the pot inside the wonder oven and go about your day.


What about recipes?

Start with something you can boil in a pot on the stove, like your favorite chili recipe.  Once you’ve added all the ingredients, put the lid on, and let it boil for 10-15 minutes.  Then carefully place your pot in the wonder oven. Smush it around so the beads in the oven surround the pot.  Next, add the oven top and walk away.  Leave it alone.  Do not peek.  Your chili will continue to cook and stay hot until you open the oven. In fact, it’s a good idea to use a towel or hot pad holder when removing the lid or the pot.

Experiment with it.  Sometimes I use it just to keep part of the meal warm while I finish preparing the rest of it.  I’ve found it to be extra helpful at Thanksgiving when many dishes are involved.


Megan Smith has been using a wonder oven for years.  I’d recommend visiting www.myfoodstoragecookbook.com to get an idea of what you can do.   She even has directions for baking bread!
Check out my Facebook page, Prepared In Every Way.  I post ideas and suggestions there, as well as on my blog at www.mywonderoven.blogspot.com

Also, if you check my YouTube channel, “Joyce Pierce”, there’s a slide show I use at trade shows to explain what a wonder oven is, what it’s made of, and a few ideas on how to use it.  I hope you’ll check it out.   It’s less than 3 minutes.     https://youtu.be/QBGB3_rErzE

The only way to discover the possibilities of your new wonder oven is to use it.   I’d love to hear how YOU are using your oven, so please share with me.  My contact information is below.



Joyce Pierce
preparedjoyce@gmail.com
Facebook:  Prepared In Every Way





No comments:

Post a Comment